Reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor, you will be responsible for the safe loading and unloading of palletised goods and the general day to day requirements of the Depot Warehouse. This is a day shift position.
Some of the duties involved are:
- To manage the storage of pallets within the warehouse
- Ensure all vehicles are loaded and unloaded within company and legal requirements.
- Achieve and maintain the required level of work rate
- To work closely and maintain good communication with the depot team
- Monitor and maintain the required housekeeping standards, inside and in the yard area.
- To report any inbound freight, which in your opinion should not be unloaded off the inbound vehicle
- Maintain Health and Safety via compliance with risk assessment guidelines ensuring that any issues are brought to the attention of the Depot Manager
- Ensure compliance with warehouse procedures for the reporting of damages
- Be willing to undertake any aspect of warehouse work including FLT driving, order picking, manually loading/unloading containers and cleaning duties, as may be required to complete the daily schedule
- Carry out various Health and Safety Checks on a weekly basis.
Duties must be carried out in compliance with all safety protocols, with courtesy, and sensibly.
This position requires the following:
- A valid FLT licence, with ideally 1 years’ experience of driving an FLT.
- A good knowledge of warehousing procedures is preferred, although full training will be provided.
- Physical fitness due to the nature of the role, dealing with heavy goods
- A Keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- Fluency in English to enable constant communication with colleagues and customers
Benefits include a competitive salary and company uniform. Pay is £9.15ph.
Shifts are between the hours of 11am and 8pm on a 40 hour a week contract. Overtime is available and is also required for holiday cover as needed.